I am a senior communications and public affairs professional with over eleven years’ experience across the public and private sector, gained in both in-house and consultancy roles. I have extensive Government experience honed in positions at the Department for Education, Ofsted and most recently as the first Head of Communications at the National Crime Agency. Prior to joining the Civil Service, I was a public relations consultant at leading PR agency Fishburn Hedges, where I focused on behaviour change and public health campaigns for clients including the NHS, DH and the Home Office.
Following an extended period of maternity leave after the birth of my twin girls, I will take up a new role in February 2017 as Head of Campaigns for HMRC.
I am very happy to be approached by current or recently graduated students and can offer support in the following areas:
– Providing advice and guidance for students interested in careers in communications or public affairs;
– Providing advice and guidance for students interested in careers in the Civil Service – particularly via the Fast Stream route;
– Supporting access and outreach activity, and helping to encourage applicants from state schools or those with limited history of sending students to Cambridge;
– Helping to secure work experience and work shadowing opportunities for Newnham students;
– Delivering workshops on interview preparation, presentations and public speaking;
– Supporting the communications team to help Newnham further build its reputation, and promote Newnham as a college of choice, including reviewing any communications collateral.